12.20.2007

B-trendy: Buffalo Plaid!

When I got to work yesterday, it looked like my super-stylish boss and I got dressed together. She was wearing a red flannel buffalo plaid strapless dress (with pearls!!!) and I was wearing a similar red buffalo plaid pleated mini. So it got me thinking...
I'll admit, I'm a little obsessed, and this fabulous hunting-turned hipster-turned(somehow) chic yet punky print comes in several enticing shapes and color combos, but let's start with the basics...

THE INSPIRATION: LINDSAY LOHAN (FASHION ONLY)


For a flattering light-weather jacket, try...
Kerry Buffalo Plaid Jacket - $78 (Urban Outfitters)


For a a more-masculine lumberjack style button-down
(paired with skinny jeans and flat boots - to-die!), try...
Lux Buffalo Plaid Shirt - $38 (Urban Outfitters)


For a more dressed-up, holiday appropriate version
that
you can pair with pearls, try...
Taffeta Buffalo Plaid Wrap - $25 (Issac Mizrahi for Target)


BONUS: If you have the tops down and you're ready for the next item this buffalo plaid boot is classic and gothic at the same time!
Plaid Rainboots - $25 (Urban Outfitters)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was recently discussing the Buffalo plaid with a fellow fashionista and I am so excited to see real life examples! Thanks to the B-life for putting me on to such a great look -- it's a must have for this chilly Chicago winter.