3.12.2009

B Loved: Sofrito NYC

"A TASTE OF PUERTO RICO IN THE HEART OF NYC."
Sofrito, 400 E. 57th St., NYC
(212)754-5999

I walked into Sofrito NYC I suddenly felt like I was anywhere but Midtown East. The energy, the people, the laughter, the music, and all around JOYOUS vibes were so pervasive that I felt consumed, and little confused. Where was I? My boy casually brought me to Sofrito, with the hope that I could get a glass of sangria and "Spanish food". Little did I know, Sofrito was an experience...and one you should all have if you haven't all ready! To be honest, I felt a little played that I'd been in the city so long without the pleasure or knowledge of such a place.

In short, the food is amazing! You must try the empanadas and the Sofrito Mojito. Delish! Come dressed a little jazzy. because people all around you will be looking and feeling they're best. Sofrito feels like a South Beach, or San Juan hot spot on a very good night. And according to my boy (and newly appointed NYC restaurant muse), Sofrito is always booming.

Before heading out, check the website for the entertainment schedule which ranges from a live DJ to Latin swing Monday thru Friday. If you like tasty, flavorful food, and are ready to let your hair down for the eve - this is your spot! I might even see you there...

1 comment:

Anna Fernando said...

I went to Sofrito yesterday and had the opposite experience as you. I ordered the Cocotini and it was AWFUL! The worst drink that I ever had. The waitress in the lounge area was annoying and the waiters in the restaurant were rude. They kept bumping into my chair and I was still eating and kept rushing me to eat. I thought the whole place was disorganized and the workers need some etiquette lessons.