10.20.2008

B in an (un)-costume!

I'm am 100% about dressing up for Halloween, however, I can't really get with paying more than $20 for something you're going to throw out on November 1st. Let's face it, no one has the space or patience to store a fairy costume 365 days of the year.
In an effort to take a "greener" approach to dress up, here are a few ideas for "un-costumes". These ideas are easy to execute, fun & recognizable, and you have a fighting chance of actually recycling the "costume" the the big day. All you need are few key embellishments.

UN-COSTUME IDEA: BEYONCE IN "SINGLE LADIES"
Recipe = One shoulder leotard, left-hand hardware, fly ankle strap shoes, lashes GALORE.


UN-COSTUME IDEA: FLAPPER
Recipe = Pearls, tiered dress, red lip, 20's updo (think finger waves).


UN-COSTUME IDEA: RACHEL ZOE
Recipe = oversized fur, oversized bug-eyed sunglasses, anything underneath. Starbucks "venti" cup, cascading waves.


UN-COSTUME IDEA: EDIE SEDGEWICK
Recipe = blond crop/bob, mod dress, huge chandelier earrings, fake ciggie (for effect. drugs "for effect" are in-excusable)


UN-COSTUME IDEA: GEISHA
Recipe = platform heel, kimono (I wear one every weekend - you'll love it), huge hair bun


UN-COSTUME IDEA: JENNIFER BEALS IN "FLASHDANCE"
Recipe = just hit American Apparel


UN-COSTUME IDEA: BLAIR WALDORF IN "GOSSIP GIRLS"
Recipe = anything navy and/or preppy, colored tights, head band

(This is a FUN one for the whole click. Just go crazy!)

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I am all for the un-costume. I just threw one together myself.

Catwoman:

Black corset from Fredrick's that I can wear both in the bedroom and on the dance floor. Some fishnets and some boy shorts (need I say more) and voila.

The only thing I'll have to stash away is the mask =)

Enjoyed reading your blog... I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

beyonce in single ladies..very funny! but you forgot to mention wearing a blinged out ring!

Anonymous said...

oh i see "left hand hardware"!

Anonymous said...

I so want to be Rachel Zoe! I love that show! I dont have blonde waves though and I doubt anyone would get it.

Props for shouting that one out though!

Anonymous said...

I SO want to be Rachel Zoe! I dont have blonde waves though and I dont think anyone would get it!

Props for shouting this one out though!