3.30.2008

B at Lola!

Last week, several New Yorkers got together to support LOLA RESTAURANT with a two night after-work event. With it's spacious surroundings, this dining experience has an old school, meets modern luxe feel. Not to mention, the perfectly edited selection of Southern-Soul-Cajun food is as much of a draw as the vintage-posh setting.

Gardy Guerrier, Gary Grant and other NY tastemakers sought to attract a crowd to Lola to spread the word about this superb dining experience and to promote awareness about the challenges they've had since moving into the Soho location. Claims of racially motivated attacks from the Soho neighborhood alliance have prohibited Lola from playing live music at the venue due to the "element" that it might draw, and place other restrictions on the restaurant.

Lola, which is owned by an interracial couple, is an upscale dining establishment, so it's hard to believe that their neighbors would not welcome them with anything but open arms. As a result of the push-back, it's critical to support Lola in any way possible. Stop by for a drink, make a reservation, or simply spread the word to your friends. Not only will you help in stimulate business, but you'll leave with a guaranteed go-to spot anytime you're in the area.

LOLA RESTAURANT
15 Watts Street @ Thompson St., NYC
212-675-6700


CJ & LAUREN

KELLI & JEN

PECAN CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB

SHRIMP & GRITS

GARDY V. GUERRIER

MONIQUE & GARY GRANT

MOORE, GARDY, & RICH

5 comments:

Les said...

I'm just wondering if this is the same Lola Restaurant that used to be located on either 21st or 22nd? In either case will definitely show my support when I hit town.

Jen said...

Hi Leslie - it is! Def. swing by for a great meal the next time you're in NYC. It's one of my new favorites!

I AM GVG® said...

This was great. Thanx for both the support and love - I'll be sure to pass this onto Lola and Tom.

P.S. I really didn't know how many people we had in common. I got a bunch of e-mails from people telling me about this post today.

Eb the Celeb said...

Looks good... thanks for all the tips on nyc restaurants... I am tired of eating at all the same places all the time.

Les said...

Thanks for confirming b/c I will be home soon. Several years back my friends & I used to be there every Tuesday religiously for the live band. If I remember correctly there cosmos were off the chain...we were doing it Sex in the City style (black version...lol).