Here are a few job listings that might peak your interest:
1. Torch Program Associate
Location: New York, NY
Start date: Mid-June 2007
Mid–high $30’s (depending on experience)
Job Description: The ideal candidate will have an interest in the communications and media industries, as well as the non-
profit, education, and/or social work fields. As this is a small, grassroots, extremely hands-on organization, you will need to be resourceful, creative, innovative, flexible, and able to work independently. There is very little program activity in which you will not play a role, giving you the opportunity to become an integral part of our participants’ lives and TORCH itself.
• Coordinate school year and summer programming schedule
• Develop project initiatives and professional training curricula
• Organize cultural and social excursions
• Maintain relationships with partner schools to facilitate recruitment and retention of program participants
• Seek and manage relationships with relevant youth and industry organizations, developing
means for collaboration
• Assist in planning and executing fundraising and programming events, including selecting
venues, securing sponsors, and managing event schedule
• Recruit and maintain volunteer base
• Design and manage informational and promotional materials
• Bachelors Degree
• Minimum 6 months work experience in a communications or media field (advertising, marketing, journalism, television, film etc.)
The TORCH Program
80 Eighth Ave - Mezzanine B
New York, NY 10011
2. Promotion Manager, Travel & Leisure Magazine
Company Description: Travel + Leisure, the world's leading travel magazine, is the authoritative source on the luxury travel lifestyle. It is the category leader not only in ad
pages, affluent audience, and circulation, but in innovative products and programs as well, including T+L Family, five international editions, a successful website, book series, TV partnerships, and more. Travel + Leisure offers marketing professionals an unmatched opportunity to work on a groundbreaking magazine with a highly talented and dedicated team.
Essential Functions: Develop materials and promotions to support the sales team and solidly position T+L in the advertising marketplace. Strategize, develop, and customize
presentations for potential and current advertising clients. Responsible for the creation, production, and maintenance of multiple sales tools, including sell sheets, mailings, and letters. Work with the research department to develop written communications using syndicated research (i.e. MMR, MRI). Work closely with internal/external partners to ensure flawless execution of promotional initiatives. Perform other job related duties.
Requirements: 3+ years magazine marketing experience required. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills necessary. Ability to work well with sales staff, clients, and internal partners a must. Must possess a creative approach to promoting the magazine via traditional sales tools and materials. Highly organized self-motivator who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and can handle multiple projects at a time. Positive, “team player” attitude. College degree preferred.
Contact: Apply online at: www.americanexpress.com. Scroll to bottom of page and select the link Jobs@American Express. Click on ''Search Jobs'', then click on ''Search Openings'' at the bottom of the screen, hit ''Clear'', enter ''82818BR'' in ''Keyword'' and follow the on-line prompts. Only those candidates who provide salary requirements and meet minimum qualifications will be contacted.
3. Director Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Washington, DC
Job Description: This position will be responsible for planning, strategic business analysis and financial systems implementation. As a key member of the team, this individual will work closely with the VP of Financial Planning & Analysis to set strategic goals for the team; design and develop innovative analyses, models and systems to assist BET in achieving corporate objectives; and continuously improve underlying core processes to optimize departmental efficiency. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and dynamic professional with enterprise-wide budgeting and financial planning experience, a corporate finance background, financial modeling expertise, proven project management skills, and the ability to multitask and deliver results in a fast-paced corporate environment.Specifically, this role will have primary responsibility for leading and coordinating the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and long range plans for all business units in BET, including: Advertising Sales, Programming, Corporate Marketing, Digital, etc. Additionally, this position will have the responsibility for preparing monthly in-depth analysis of financial and operational performance; and will handle project-based HQ decision and analytical support for the business units listed above. The Director in this position will work alongside all finance VPs as well as with the CFO and other senior business unit executives. The work covers the strategic finance aspects of the BET business and will include drill down into specific areas of revenues, expenses and their key metrics.
1. Financial Analysis – Entails:• Conducting detailed business unit financial and operational analysis (e.g., preparation of pro-forma profit and loss statements, review of capital expenditure requests, etc.).
2. Budgeting/Forecasting – Entails:• Establishing work plan and effectively communicating to all business unit leaders to ensure Corporate deadlines and requirements are met; • Consolidating and reviewing forecast submissions from business units; • Preparing detailed and summarized reports to business units and senior executive management; • Preparing presentations for business units and Corporate audiences;• Support implementation of new budgeting system.
3. Reporting – Entails:• Timely completion of month-end reporting requirements (e.g., variance analysis, non-financial indicators, forecast accuracy, management and sales incentive compensation, etc).
Requirements:• BS in Accounting or Finance – MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred• Minimum 8 years corporate finance experience in a major corporation, investment banking or consulting firm• Strong financial analytical skills and strategic thinking • Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Knowledge of accounting general ledger and journal entries.• Understanding of the media and entertainment industry and key drivers • Exceptional teamwork and leadership skills • Ability to collaborate and influence across lines of business, geographies and product groups • Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills • Superior attention to detail with the ability to plan and organize multiple projects• Ability to synthesize large complex amounts of data into succinct informative analyses • Extensive financial modeling experience• Advanced computer skills, in particular MS Excel and PowerPoint. Expertise in MS Access and VBA programming considered a strong plus.
Contact: Send resume and salary requirements to: BET: 1235 “W” Street NE Washington DC 20018 FAX: 202-608-2589 Attn: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis/MP Email: firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
4. Grant Writer, National Urban League
Location: New York, NY
Salary Range: Starts at $60,000
Job Description: The National Urban League seeks a Grant Writer who will be a key member of the Development Department staff, working at a fast pace and supporting a vibrant and progressive organization. This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate who is well-organized and enjoys teamwork as well as the challenge of writing on deadlines. The successful candidate will draft proposals to fund a broad range of services in support of the Urban League’s five-point Empowerment Agenda. This includes: Education and Youth; Economic Empowerment; Health and Quality of Life; Civic Engagement and Leadership; and Civil Rights and Racial Justice. The Grant Writer will participate in implementing a fundraising strategy to support the activities of the National Urban League. This individual will work with Development Department and others to develop proposals and maintain written materials that are needed to support the development operation, particularly but not exclusively the relationships with institutional donors.
Essential Functions: •Synthesize complex information into clear and concise proposals, reports, and letters of inquiry. •Research, write, edit and revise assigned development materials including grant proposals and reports, concept papers, funder updates, correspondence, and individual donor materials as requested. •Work with development colleagues and program staff to develop and implement fundraising strategies for individual programs areas. •Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track and meet assigned deadlines including the status of fundraising activities. •Engage in special events planning and fundraising campaigns including the Equal Opportunity Day Awards Dinner and Annual Conference.
Requirements: *Bachelor’s Degree required. *Minimum of five years experience in foundation fund raising, preferably in a non-profit environment. *Must have strong inter-personal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of persons. *Excellent oral and written communications and organizational skills required. *Fund raising background in foundation cultivation, solicitation, grant writing, and donor research desirable. *Must be flexible with the ability to work simultaneously on a number of documents. *Occasional overtime required to complete project deadlines. *Must be familiar with and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software using Excel and Access *Must be familiar with Raiser’s Edge fund raising software, and proficient in the use of Internet technology.
Contact: To apply submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Human Resources Department, National Urban League, 120 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005 or e-mail to email@example.com
5. Associate Manager - CRM, ESPN
Location: New York, NY
Job Description: ESPN is looking for an Associate Manager, CRM to help support the execution of all CRM activities at ESPN including:
• Design and execute marketing plans for direct and brand marketing programs, from strategic development and creative formation through post campaign analysis, in partnership with ESPN Ad Sales and other areas of the Marketing department
• Support and help prepare internal/external communication of strategy and plans, including senior management communications
• Coordinate technology, call center, and Walt Disney Internet Group activities that are needed to support new programs
• Track effectiveness of programs on growing ESPN’s share of spending with customers. Measure actual results vs. program projections and recommend plan refinements based on pilot results
• Utilize data modeling and analysis to map fan life cycle, determine key fan insights, drive business strategies, and maximize ROI
• Identify high priority customer segments.
• Produce all fan acquisition (registration, opt-in drivers) and email marketing reporting and analytics
• Develop business cases and financial projections in support of CRM programs or initiatives.
• Track competitive programs and marketplace trends and synthesize learnings for sharing across the company
Essential Functions: One of ESPN’s strengths is developing a loyal fan base. The mission of the Consumer Relationship Marketing group is to grow this loyalty and share of time with ESPN’s fans by creating and managing relationship marketing programs. These marketing programs would help capture customer data and behavior that can then leveraged to allow for better targeting to benefit our Ad Sales clients.
Requirements: BA or BS in a related field. 5 + years of relevant direct marketing and business experience. CRM and database marketing experience required. Preferred familiarity with: SQL, OLAP tool like Business Objects, Cognos, or Microstrategy, Campaign management tool like Unica. Well organized and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Must have excellent powerpoint and excel skills.